My project is based on Disney’s adaptation of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I chose this story as I really liked the idea of combining historical accuracy with fun and magic. I used the 1940s and the ‘Make do and Mend’ Movement to inspire my designs and textiles as this is when the story is set. I wanted to use era appropriate techniques within my sampling to keep my ideas historically accurate. My chosen performance area was Children’s theatre, so I wanted children to be involved in the design process. To do this, I asked children from a primary school to draw their interpretation of the animal characters, then I used their depictions to inspire my designs. The Coronavirus pandemic led to some challenges when it came to creating my costume and textiles samples. However, although it was difficult at times, I feel that I learnt techniques that I would not have tried had we been able to go into university workrooms. I also found that I was able to use textiles methods that I can bring forward into my teacher training, which I plan to do next year.