For my final year project I chose Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride but designed it as a theatre performance for a family audience. I kept the production in the 19th century as I felt the scripts themes were tightly related to this era; for my main themes I focused on beauty in death and decay along with status which were both common themes in Victorian England due to people’s curiosity with death as well as the rise of the middle class. Despite enjoying the exploration of design and textiles, I decided to focus on construction for the final costumes with integrated textiles. When I chose the complicated puppet design I knew it would require lots of work and push me out of my comfort zone but I am glad I tried something different and it helped to improve my construction skills and time management further as I knew I needed to consider this from the start of the project to finish on time. Over my placement year I had experience at Something Wicked, Eden Keshia, York Theatre Royal and making scrubs for the NHS which all helped my confidence to construct in the industry, improved my speed and accuracy under pressure.